Vanguard Electronics recognizes the importance of implementing and maintaining a quality management system that standardizes the way we do business to ensure success for our company, our customers and the programs we support in the Defense and Aerospace markets. Vanguard’s AS9100:2016 Quality Management System is one of the building blocks to maintain the industry wide reputation of being a top supplier in the design and manufacturing of high reliability inductors and transformers.
- AS9100:2016 Important Highlights
- All of Vanguard’s facilities have been rigorously certified and audited to the AS9100:2016 requirements. This success is clearly identified in the certification – it includes the Huntington Beach location and the production facility in Mexicali, Mexico.
- Vanguard’s QMS is certified and audited by DQS Inc. This ensures that not only is a quality management system in place, but that it is implemented and effective.
- AS9100 established in 2009.
Vanguard Electronics quality management system was first certified to ISO9001 in 1999. Since then we have continued to improve upon our processes and procedures to ensure that we are exceeding all of the necessary industry standards. Vanguard’s stateside and offshore facilities are certified and audited to ISO 9001:2015 & AS9100:2016 by DQS Inc.
(INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATIONS)
- Companies that make products on or for items on the USML (United States Munitions List) for defense related applications must register with the DDTC (Directorate of Defense Trade Controls)
- DDTC registration does not carry with it any export rights or privileges
- In order to ship USML products to a foreign country, a company must obtain an export license (DSP-5) from the DDTC
- In order to manufacture USML or defense related products outside of the United States, a manufacturing license (MLA) by the DDTC is required
- Vanguard is registered with DDTC and has an active MLA for its Mexico operation
- Companies are expected to understand and comply with ITAR
- Non-compliance is considered to be a serious offense and is subject to prosecution by the U.S. State Department
- To be in compliance, companies must ensure that their suppliers comply with ITAR
- Vanguard fully complies with ITAR
Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism seeks to safeguard the world’s trade industry from terrorists, maintaining the economic health of the U.S. and its neighbors. Vanguard’s partnership with U.S. Customs and Border Protection develops and adopts measures that add security to shipments made to our customers.
Reps & Certs
Vanguard Electronics is registered on SAM.GOV – System for Award Management. The overarching benefits of SAM include streamlined and integrated processes, elimination of data redundancies, and reduced costs while providing improved capability. SAM provides instant access to Vanguard Electronics’ “Representations & Certifications” for current and prospective customers. For more information and access visit – www.SAM.gov